Saturday 8 June 2019

Manufacture of pre-series keyboards

As we have previously reported, the beautiful mechanical keyboards for the MEGA65 are being designed and manufactured by GMK, Germany.  Well, the batch of 25 pre-series keyboards are being manufactured as I type! For those who are worried about Fake News, here is the evidence:


Ah, the sound of a chicken-picker warms the soul.  As does excessive photos of MEGA65 parts being made. Again, we are super-grateful for GMK's support of the MEGA65, and I am very much looking forward to holding these latest keyboards in my hot little hands in a couple of weeks time, when I will again meet with the M.E.G.A. folks in Germany.













3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fabulous to see you making progress! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good job. I'm really excited to see this project take shape and I can't wait to get my hand on these in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You even have an FPGA as a keyboard controller? That is Xilinix, Altera/Microsoft & Lattice! ... and I though the Spectrum Next I am getting is a great project.

    ReplyDelete